Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kayaking: Take II


I went to Open Pool at Eastern again last night--and it was AWESOME! I had the best time. I was much more comfortable in the water this time (and in the boat, for that matter) and I really feel like I learned and improved a lot. I got the T-Rescue thing sorted out for the most part (no more near-drownings for me!) and Gordon taught me high bracing, sculling, and some new strokes. I did unexpectedly flip a couple times, but Gordon was right there to rescue me with the Hand of God maneuver. I can't wait to try it again--it's really tragic that it was the last Open Pool session for awhile. Now I'll have to wait until I can take the class (late April or early May).

In other news.....
It's official: I'm closer to 30 than 20!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, 30 IS the new 20. Happy Birthday!
- jaima

Herbal Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Jill :)

Sean Benson said...

Well done you! (The photo does make the pool seem a little daunting, don't you think?)