Thursday, March 27, 2008

Introducing TLAJ's First Guest Blogger: Gordon!

So, I just spent five days in the back country, skiing and snow camping with Jilly's dad Bob, Gary & Mark Johnson, and Cousin John. We had a great time.

Top 5 most memorable moments:

1. Bob, Mark and I were skiing a boulder field when Bob nearly missed a turn and flew off the mountain.

2. Rolling down a hill and cracking a ski pole with my torso. (Still aches a bit)

3. Hearing Bob describe the experience of smoking while swimming.

4. Waking up the second morning and discovering that our fire platform had sunk four feet into the snow.

5. This one isn't a particular moment, but when you are snow camping a lot of things tend to freeze (contact solution, candy bars, water and any other things that get cold or wet; socks, gloves, hats etc). The only answer... put it in your pants :-)

Grand Prize: I was trying to snap a tree limb with my knee and couldn't quite do it. Bob was sitting down in the "living room," a snow bench we had dug around the fire pit on the second day. He said something to the effect of, "If there is one thing I can't stand it's a puny fellow!" He took the limb from me and tried to snap it over his knee, but just as the limb snapped, the snow bench collapsed beneath him! It was quite funny :-)

No comments: