Monday, March 8, 2010

My New Hobby

I counted. Since the inception of this blog, I have written 16 entries about kayaking. I have used the words kayak or kayaking 41 times. I have made a lot of progress between the 03/05/08 entry, “With Friends Like These” an the 12/31/09 entry “10 Things I have loved about 2009.” And I am sure I will make further progress.

In the meantime, however, I seem to have acquired a new addiction: biking!

My dear cousin John (bike mechanic, world-class chef, and all-around renaissance man) helped me find a bike last weekend (thanks to Captain Awesome's constant nagging). It is a lovely black road bike with upright handlebars. I was not sure at first if I would love this new hobby, but now I can’t stop thinking about it! Last weekend I went on three separate rides, logging over 25 miles, and I am sure this is just the beginning. Stay tuned for more adventures!



5 comments:

Troy said...

You're all so hot.

Gordon said...

Next... rock climbing!

Matt White said...

I am so down for rock climbing Gordon.

Jillian said...

Gordon, how many times do I have to tell you, I don't want to try your crazy new hobbies?! : )

Cait the Bait said...

WAHOO! Go Jill. You rock. And... uh... I could maybe get into rock climbing. Well, except for the 'scared of heights' thing. INDOOR rock climbing, though... that would be cool.