Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spy Stuff (Shhh!)

Sorry about the dearth of posts here lately, folks. TLaJ is undergoing some non-blog related changes. For starters, I just got a new job! I can't tell you what it is, but I can say it is a high-level, top-secret government job*. Possibly involves espionage, secret gadgets and suitcases of cash dropped off in shady alleys. I can't say more.

I haven't started the new job yet--I will start in September--so for now I am finishing up things at the old job, fighting daily against the inevitable onset of short-timers disease. My motivation is just not what it used to be. On the plus side, I have a vacation coming up, starting this weekend. Not sure exactly where it will take me as existing plans sort of fell through, but I am sure it will involve camping, watersports, and whiskey in some fashion or other. If anyone knows of an great vacation spot in the Pacific Northwest that I should try out, let me know.

*Low-level, no-security-clearance office job

3 comments:

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

I also just got a new job. More importantly, I just got my visa so I can work legally (after six months of sitting on my arse humming the theme tune to Doctor Who). Huzzah for employment, and the associated influx of the moneys!

Herbal Amanda said...

its amazing what a damper a new job has on blogging time. The money, as you mention IR, is nice however :)

Jillian said...

Hells yes! Here's to bigger and better things!